merlin00069
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAS View Post
Comparing dynos isn't really going to help, if a baseline has not been taken beforehand. This is not a performance mod, but instead: scheduled maintenance.

Updating from 080E should see improvements in not only drivability, but a possible power increase as well. Assuming engine has been properly maintained and is in good working order.

Yes, or even newer.

Depends on what specific options are chosen from your specific tuner. Dealers have specific methods of detecting tunes, but aren't on a witchhunt to void warranties at every possible opportunity.

Dealers want to get cars in and out as efficiently as possible. At the same time, keep a potential returning customer happy.

09/11 will likely have 200E or 220E if not updated recently. Those that have never been updated will notice the most drastic changes after updating.

Thanks. The car is immaculate and the foreman who did the update commented on how he was shocked it was on the original software. Shows the car has been well maintained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
RunFile003 and RunFile011 on the dyno chart on the first page are basically what you are looking for. My '08 had mods and slightly newer software but I didn't have any problems with the car.
Thanks as well. I am about to go pick up the car from being updated. I'll post with impressions.