pharmdphd98
PharM3
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
i bought a gtr and spent the extra 70k modding it and now its way faster in every aspect than either of the P cars
This is very weird logic to me, so it's pure performance and value, nothing else? Seems like I could make that logic work against the GT-R with a handful of cars...adding 50k-70k in mods to just about any car I could smoke a GT-R all day long.

Very odd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdphd98 View Post
Initially I didn't consider the 997 Turbo but before I made my decision I did look at what's available on the market in my area and the only thing in the same price range was a 997.1 Turbo with 18K miles. I figure that GT-R actually outperforms that car and newer 911s cost much more so the GT-R is still the best value.
Best value, seems like the common trend with the GT-R. Did you test drive any p cars vs. the gtr? I just wonder about the GT-R going heads up against a GT3Rs or Turbo(s) in terms of ownership, most I've read about people who drives these p cars cars, they wish to drive nothing else, whereas with the GT-R, there seems to be quite a bit of turnover.
Prestige and comfort are two important factors for people with the kind of money to spend on cars in the 100k range. Porsches are also damn good if money is no object.