View Single Post
      08-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #26
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
kiln, congrats on the seats. i was seriously debating buying them myself but the one thing that kept me was the lack of retrofit for them. i don't know about you but im really anal about the minor details and for the performance seats you have the following to deal with. it would be great to see how you get around these and see installation.

head rest restraint: i don't think there is coding to disable this feature but last thing i want is the message showing on my i drive all the time.

passenger oc3 sensor: without this, in an event of an accident the airbags won't deploy properly on the passenger side. this scared me the most. the only way i figured to resolve this was buy an oc3 sensor mat and have an upholstery shop install it. the sensor is just a thin strip panel. then have the oc3 sensor coded to car and voila. oc3 sensor #52107244122 $416 + $130 coding from dealer + $200 install = $746.

heated seats: i know there is a retrofit wiring kit to get the heated seats to work but i haven't seen anyone in US do such and get them to work.
Head restraints can be easily coded out if needed.