View Single Post
      08-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
VictorH
Captain
Rep

Drives: '09 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by von_zoom View Post
Gosh, you guys must push your car harder than I do with my E92. I have never had track pads show any sign of fade, back off in performance, or any other abnormality. They have been, and remain, rock solid for the event. Now, I run agressive laps at VIR, hard and deep into the corner on the brakes a minium of four times during each lap, and my car remains confortably controlable through out the session. Additionally, I get almost a complete season out of my pads, 15 HPDEs with two to three days each.
FYI, my car is teched closely prior to each event, and any question about anything is handled fully prior to arrival at the track.
In short, I am an instructor, but mainly a chicken when driving my M3.
vz
Doc, I think it's pretty track dependent. At Road America there are three times per lap when you're slowing from 130-140+ (depending on courage, faith in your car and whether you want to drive it 975 miles home again) for corners that vary from 40-50 (the slowest corner, like at Road Atlanta is at the bottom of a long down-hill) on the low end to 70 or so. In my experience (limited at Road America) it's a bit tougher on brakes than VIR. I've run there previously without ducting and one session that was black flagged I was perhaps 1/4 mile from track out and when I got out of the car to look/feel my brakes there were as hot as they could be without being on fire. I thought it was going to blister my paint!

Last edited by VictorH; 08-15-2012 at 06:57 PM.