08-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

P0172 And P0175 Found The Problem...

OK finally i think i solved the issue.

for several months i had my idle go up and down at idle not crazy but goes up from 600rpm to 1200rpm... then a month after i got the light.... code p0172 and p0175... after resetting it couple times the same error code seems to always comes back... duh right? lol

so over the weekend. i decided to change the LOW PRESSURE SENSOR per FLIP after changing it, right away i was able to tell the difference, IDLE stays at one place and never seen it go up or down. its has been 4 days and the car drives as if it was new again. Minor thing to change but it feels good.. I guess for the last 2 months it has been weird to me...

So for future M3 owners or current once... if you get these errors i suggest to change the LOW PRESSURE SENSOR. curtesy of MCKENNA BMW.... that place is just freakin cheap... I called several dealers and they all want 80bucks to 120.. bought it like 56 bucks i think... and 74 total with power steering fluid.. which cost 16 bucks....

FOUND THE PROBLEM...

INTAKE CHAMBER CONNECTION WAS LOOSE not really sure how to explain it but its the long tube.....

Thanks to Mike Benvo... that was the only thing i didnt check until he mentioned it..

ENGINE SES LIGHT....

Ok yesterday afternoon i got an engine light code

P0172
and
P0175

I have research but no luck i send a pm to 2 members and reviewed the thread and noticed that both did not get the same code. I reset the light and after 60 miles drive it ce back again today same code P0172 and P0175

No rough engine idle, runs the same as normal and no reduce engine power...

Not a lot if information about this issue on a e9x M3 but hoping to get some light from fellow e9x m3 owners...

I got the same message twice even after ressetting .....I pm'd one of the member and noticed that he got only one error which is p0175 after resetting couple times...

If u got both error P0172 and P0175 please let me know how u fixed it...

Last edited by Grail05; 09-11-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0