Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Car looks great now. Just out of curiosity, when something like this happens, did you get the biker's information or did you end up having to pay out of pocket.

Specs on those wheels? They look so good.
Thanks! I'm a BBS whore

In terms of the biker, she hit the car and fell off the bike. I was going maybe 3-5mph when she rode in front of me. I pulled over and ran out of the car to make sure she was ok. She said I'm really sorry about your car etc... I asked her if she was injured or needed any medical attention, water, etc.. and she said that she was fine. I insisted that she take my information, and gave her my name and cell #. It's been weeks and I haven't heard from her, glad she wasn't the 'let me sue you and take your money even though i was the one that broke the law' type. Ironically enough, when she was telling me that she was uninjured, this crazy lady on the corner was telling her "You're injured and you don't know it yet, I'm calling the police" Then she put her bike in front of my car and said I'm not moving it until the police come... I told that lady "I gave her my information, if she is injured she can contact me, but don't tell her that she's injured, I think she can figure that out for herself." Turns out the lady worked in a chiropractic office and probably just wanted to milk a new patient.

So even though it was her fault, I figured it would be the path of least resistance to just pay out of pocket for it. It could have been much worse, and paying $500 for a new bumper, although an unexpected expense, was worth it given I didn't have to argue with her or anyone else to get the car fixed. The main point is that both of us were uninjured, and since I escaped without needing a new hood or bumper, I wasn't going to make a fuss.

Wheels are BBS-LM 19x11 ET25 rear and 19x10 Front with Michelin PSS tires.

Alen E90, Powerbeast, flipm3, bapesta206, a burrito, mamadub - thank you guys!

aus: I wound up paying around $500 for the job. This included repainting the bumper, installation, and filling the holes. They did fill both areas and you can feel it from the inside. Hopefully there won't be any shrinkage problems, but I trust they stand by their work. So I'll be back if it does!

I'll post some pics after todays event.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by Mike Benvo; 08-11-2012 at 10:20 AM.