BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Converted my US Spec Bumper to a Euro Spec with headlight washer delete

A few weeks ago I was headed over to a friends house at around 10PM at night. As I made a right with a green arrow, this somewhat buzzed bicyclist came parading through the crosswalk on her bicycle against the hand. She plowed right into my car with her bike. Thankfully, she was not injured at all - not even a scratch. But I couldn't say the same for my car - I was actually surprised by how bad it looked. Luckily, the damage was consolidated to the bumper and missed the headlight, hood, PDC sensors, and CF Splitters.

The damage:

Later that night on my way home, I parked and walked around and eventually found my reflector. It had a couple scratches on it, but I figured I'd throw it back on as a temporary band-aid. A lot of the scratches buffed out, but it was clear the bumper needed replacing or repair from the bike pedal hitting it.

So off to the place where the magic happens, AVIO coach craft:

I've always wanted to get rid of the reflector holes for awhile, so I figured this was the right opportunity. After looking around for a Euro bumper, every road led to spending $1000 on a bumper (between shipping/exporting/markup, etc..), and then there was paint and install on top of that. The shop was confident that they could repair it perfectly as well as fill the reflector holes to convert it to Euro style. While they were at that, I figured it would be wise to also fill in the headlight washer holes also. I have had those turned off for awhile in the code because they always spray on my hood, so there was no reason to keep them there.

So, off the bumper goes...(careful, nudity)

Over the next week they kept the bumper and worked their magic on it. In the mean time I got my 7 detailed and took some time to fine tune the fueling for the turbo:

A week later I came back to have the bumper reinstalled. I was pretty happy with the work they did to fill the holes and repair the rock chips and damage from the bicycle. He are some pictures from inside of the patched areas:

And finally, installed back on the car (sorry for the low quality - iphone pics):

I'l try to post some better pictures after tomorrows Meet @ McKenna BMW. For half the price of a new euro bumper, I couldn't resist doing this. So if any of you get any scratches on your front bumper, keep this mod in mind

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by Mike Benvo; 08-11-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States