View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #735
GoingTooFast
Banned

Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I saw this car at the AMI show in Leipzig - I came away very un-impressed. What a slug. Sure on paper it doesn't look bad... but I found it very lacking in every way. Its under powered for now. Maybe once they put a turbo engine in it - it might be something. But for now its just an 'also ran" car that is RWD. I personally think a 128i would beat it in every performance category.
Hi Dackelone,

So, why do you think AutoBild says otherwise regarding the 125i (the European version of the US 128i)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
And what is with all this Advevo-Fanboy action? Geeez just PM him!!!
I don't know what you are referring to with 'all this Advevo-Fanboy action'... Did you see me driving my 1M?!

Now seriously... Advevo and his videos are the ONLY reason why I started to left-foot brake and do it on a regular basis now... so yes, I'm a big fan since long time ago! More recently, whenever I have questioned Advevo over the 1M forum about his driving tecnhique he was always kind enough to answer me until someone has banned me from that forum. So, I have NO problem talking to Advevo but someone decided that I couldn't do it over the 1M forum... I thought that was precisely what a forum is for.

Quote:
Forum Definition:

A public meeting place for open discussion.

A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

An online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.

A public (online) place where people discuss and meet.

Finally, knowing what Advevo values in a car I really think the Toyobaru was made for a driver like him and I would like VERY much that he could test it to the limit and share his findings with ALL OF US his fans (I'm not alone, you know!?).
Appreciate 0