2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and will categorize your post as sarcastic...

otherwise:
this commercial is nothing like what you think...
it's actually playing on breaking the common stigma and other general old beliefs...

Oh you annoying old woman! I do this all the time...
especially if it's for a commercial and it's how you drive on a closed course...

I guess you didn't got affected by Ford's message and what they were trying to say huh??
I totally missed out and thought it was a simple ST vs M3 ?

Hint: it wasn't... It's "Fun" vs "Money"

I agree with your point of view all the way.... .... up to your very last sentence:

Ford is NOT targetting the group you are thinking off....
They are not trying to take away the M3 population....

Ford is actually trying to steal away BMW's potential, younger, Munich-loving-virgins out there

Ford is actually trying to convinced those "unknowledgeable" crowds of younger generation of new drivers looking for fun cars to drive...
and so we are talking about Generation Z (currently at 16 to 24, male, AND female).

Ford is trying to show those people that there is a more qualified alternative to the current standards that are WRX, GTi, and Speed3.

Ford is simply trying to step over all those cars to become the reference for those younger generations.

They are not trying to convince those of us of know better...
Ford is just trying to acquired virgin territory...

To show them that they can get the same fun and involvement than an M3 will furnish them, but instead of waiting to realize their drive at higher price,
you can get the same thing for much less money, realizing your desires NOW with the ST.

simply put.
do you work for ford?