View Single Post
      08-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
TVMA Doc
Captain

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
I took it in this morning for the required 2yr vehicle check and asked them to pay particular attention to the front end because I was getting a vibration at highway speeds (figured it was a tire out of balance). They called me to let me know they were done and that the left front wheel was bent. I really didn't expect it because there is no visible dent. Inside or outside. Do you think I have any recourse with getting it replaced under warranty? I mean, it doesn't appear to be a result of hitting a pothole or anything like that.
I agree. This won't be covered under warranty unless you purchased the tire/wheel warranty (even then it might be a push as they typically say things like "unless the wheel is damaged enough to keep the tire from holding air").

If you need a new wheel, give the guys at getbmwparts a call. I picked up a front comp pack wheel to use as a spare for $489 (free shipping) during their recent sale. It might be over, but I think that they usually sell them for around $520.