View Single Post
      08-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!

Drives: 335is

OooOOooh Angst...

Folks look for and NEED a reason to feel "BETTER" than the next guy. It's part of why we have freaking religion, Wars, fights, sports. Everyone wants their little pinnacle to stand on so they can flail away at everyone else who isn't on a similar pinnacle.

"My Team, Religion, house, car, wife, (pick a pathetic trophy) is better than yours, so therefore I am better, wiser, richer, whatever..."

It's a result of a culturally bankrupt society. A society fed from birth on TV, advertisements, rampant consumerism, and marketing ploys. A culture where millions worship moronic rapist athletes and scumbags as heroic though they wouldn't let them in their homes. Where Religion is worn like a feather in the cap to impress the Joneses. A culture where silicon implants and a manufactured face is more important than intellect or education...

It's sad and lame, but watch people and you'll see it every day. On the roads the Illusion of anonymity and safety behind the wheel of a car is a fantastic example. Peoples true colors come out, Shitheads believing the hype behind the wheel of their H2's the Moronic Housewife feeling empowered behind the wheel of her Suburban flipping people off, and yeah the ASSHOLES in the BMWs acting out because they believe they are entitled, or superior to the next guy in a less expensive car.

What's embarrassing is you do not see the same kind of childish small dicked posturing on even the Corvette boards, Mustang boards, RX-8 boards... You suppose it's because they remember that they are just there to have fun with their cars? That they aren't posing and playing a role?

The trouble here arises when tool sheds cannot separate their "in car fantasy life" from reality. They forget that they are NOT their fucking German Chevy, and walk around all head up ass as if they still have the protection of anonymity that they do on the road. I was appalled upon first joining E90post at the amount of childish, shallow, ignorant crap I found.

You'll find it more often with the sub 25 year olds, but it's everywhere, young and old, folks haven't figured out how to act and having a decent car makes them feel like "ballers"... Comical cause they have no idea how silly they look, in a car that in the grand scheme of things, and around the world... Is just a freaking car, not rare, exotic, or Unique. Just a freaking German Chevy... OK Maybe Buick.

Medium Pimpin at best...

I freaking love my car, it's the best car on the planet FOR ME, but it's just a damn car, and I don't give a shit what other people think about it, say about it... So why sweat it? It's just a car same basic idea as a 1975 AMC Gremlin... Inline 6 and RWD FTW!!! :rocks:

'13 TiAg over Coral, 335is | DCT | Prem | L7 | Nav/Idrive | CA | 19" "-------"

A BMW is Just a Car, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Revlis is offline   United_States