View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
W///
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe

2008 E92 M3 - Sparkling Graphite / Bamboo Beige Build (HRE, Eisenmann...)

Picked up my new to me E92 M3 last Wednesday and finally getting around to making a thread for it. Been too busy driving it around!

Background: A few years ago, I was in the market for what I think is one of the best looking cars BMW has ever made, the E46 M3. Imola red on black, 6MT. While they were in my price range, unfortunately, the S54 with all it's VANOS issues just scared me away. I decided to just stay put and do nothing (shocking, I know).

Then a couple of months ago, I decided that life was just too short, and I was going to go for an E92 M3. Why? Simple... the car is over 4 years old and is STILL winning comparisons. Having driven it extensively in Germany (LINK), I just fell in love with it. It's just the middle point of my two favorite BMW's: The E46 M3 and the E39 M5.

I was absolutely dead set on a Melbourne Red M3 with a CF roof. Alas, no such luck in my price range. Then this beauty showed up on my Autotrader alert. A Sparkling Graphite, Bamboo Beige, 6MT and a CF roof (you'd be really surprised how many came with sunroofs). While Sparkling Graphite was my second color choice, it was just too good to pass up. This color was only made for 1 year on the M3! Not to mention the car was fully loaded, 1 owner (traded to a Porsche dealership), had all sets of keys. Inspection revealed that it needed a new oil cap. That's it!

I will keep updating this thread throughout my ownership from start to finish... well there probably won't be a finish. In terms of mods, nothing too crazy. I've already replaced the front reflectors and have replica CF splitters on the way. I'm also going to the OEM exhaust mod (4 pipes version).

From Autotrader.com:

Right before the car was loaded onto the truck for the long cross country trip:

Last edited by W///; 12-29-2013 at 11:34 PM.