07-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #49
gthal
Colonel

Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Type 7 paragraphs of arguments if you would like, if what you said was true, stock 335i's (I have owned a modded one that still was not faster than my current ride) would smoke the ///Ms......I will leave Bruce or SWAMP to throw three books worth of technical data to back up my argument. People like you are why BMW ///M is headed to lazy FI engines that my grandmother could drive fast. Really is a shame.

Cheers,
e46e92
Rereading your post, I think I misinterpreted what you meant by a "lazy" engine.

And just to clarify, "people like me" aren't why BMW is going FI. I happen to like the S65 exactly the way it is and wouldn't change it. I have always said the S65 had lots of torque and for the way this car was designed to be used is an amazing engine. I also happen to like having a lot of torque available all of the time (even when not pushing the car hard) but that doesn't mean I think BMW should change the M3's focus. If you want to blame someone for BMW's FI direction, blame the US and Canadian governments and those who influence the cost of oil.
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
gthal is offline   Canada