*** Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #59: "Victory and Defeat" Diptych ***
Theme and Rules:
Since the Olympics are officially opening tonight, I thought a theme that related would be appropriate. The photo portion is open to all interpretation, as long as the coincide with the rules posted below.
-Two photos are required in "diptych" form (these means side by side, click here
to see examples if you are unsure what a diptych is).
-One of the photos must represent Victory and the other represent Defeat. Order does not matter.
-The TOTAL image size of both images put together must not exceed the allowed sizing in the general photo contest rules.
Small Tip - A successful diptych tells us a story using the 2 images together. A photo of a guy winning a hot dog eating contest next to Bob Dole losing the Presidential election isn't going to make much sense to anyone.
If you need help making a diptych please see this Photoshop tutorial or PM me for
if using another program.
Entries must be submitted no later than Sunday, August 6th at 11:59pm PST
. Voting begins the following Monday.
1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Previous photos are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest, and you cannot resubmit a photo that you've submitted before in a previous contest
4. Images must be no larger than 1024px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is under 1024px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on Bimmerpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.