View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
Mbauer
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 187outx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower4life
there is not an exact product that will always work for any situation. Every car's paint is different and needs test spots to lock in the proper process that will work for YOUR PAINT. BMW has hard paint. You need a gritty, heavier cutting compound to get those defects out.

However, I can attest to the meguiar's microfiber system. (look up the Kevin Brown method) this will give you a wealth of knowledge on the process of using a DA polisher at top performance

how long are you spending on your compounding step on each section?

Also, the wax has nothing to do with what you are seeing in your paint.
So I tried something a lil different..... Apparently the Meg Ultimate Compound is the same as 105.... I used that with the microfiber pad and had much better results! I ditched the Ultimate polish and went for a 2 step polish of Menzerna 2500 with the LC Orange pad, and then the Mezerna 4500 with the black pad. Let me say daaammmnnn! The Mezerna products wipe off so easy. Barely have to IPA wipe. I've been checking every stage with a Brinkmann dual xenon lamp. It allows me to see swirls and any streaks left over from any of the compounds. I will post pics when I'm done. Thanks for the help guys... I feel if I can conquer Jet Black, I can do almost anything lol!