View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
overdose
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Thank you for all the props so far - I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I loved analyzing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtopherus View Post
It would be interesting to add a third dimension to the regression (age), but that appears to make things a lot more difficult and it's difficult to reliably collect from the available data anyway.
Yes, that would be very interesting and if there's enough demand for it maybe we'll do it despite the inherent difficulties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machine View Post
Out of curiosity, did you get a significant R2? When you include the other variables, does the R2 improves significantly? On the more detailed analysis did you look at E90/92/93 separately?

I would definitely be interested in the results of the more detailed analysis. Should I pm you or you plan on posting some time?
Very good question but no I did not - R2 was 0.374. In spite of this, I shared it anyways because the model predicted nearly 40% of the prices using just two variables so I thought that was "good enough" for a non-scientific study.

RE: Detailed analysis - I definitely plan on posting more over time depending on the demand. Also, since the data set is so small I can only slice and dice it so many ways. Was there something you were interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Out of curiousity, what do you do for a living?
I work in the Interactive Marketing department for Macys.com. I attempt to find trends in our data and see how users behave on our website to make them buy more stuff