View Single Post
      07-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
DiegoM
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
you talked to the service receptionist, right? ask to speak to a service advisor and be very clear that you have an M3.

happened to me - these girls take hundreds of appointments and all the other BMW's do have their first interval at 15k, so i understand the confusion somewhat (i didn't, however, understand the attitude that came free with the phone call). i just politely asked to be connected to my regular service advisor and he of course cleared it up and booked the appointment.

just in case you get hassled, show them the servicing book that came with the car. it cannot be more clear.
Thanks guys.

I actually went there today during my break to personally confirm what the lady told me over the phone. I was referred to a "service coordinator" and I explained to the guy that my M3 has reached its break in period and asked if it could be serviced. His answer was- "those cars doesn't need break-in. I told him I was just following what the manual said. He went inside to ask a mechanic (I assumed). When he got back he told me, yes it does need service and I need an appointment. NOW I'm paranoid if their mechanics know how to service an M3.