View Single Post
      07-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #44
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
Either your def or you are driving it in the rpm band that is outside the drone range. If you have a 6M than its in a different range than the DCT but for DCt its 7th gear between 72-80. This is not something that varies, it is the harmonics of this engine and exhaust pulse produced by the engine. Unless you have an xpipe or something that is not stock which I cannot speak to.

Problem is "drone" to one is "no drone" to another. Peoples hearing is notoriously different
OK UPDATE.

So I took her for a long drive yesterday and really payed attention to the sound up at the higher speeds. Around 80mph, in order to consistently cruise at that speed you have to have a little bit of gas and the RPM will be around 3k. Well there is a slight drone around 80mph, good news... it's really not that bad. Certainly not deafening or really loud. But you do hear a rumble. It's aftermarket and def louder so I guess that's one thing you have to take with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drifter View Post
Great review PicassoM! ACM is installing the OEM mod on my car in 2 weeks. Stil up in the air on tips. May go with flat black 3.5s. The can will be black. Spoke to ACM and they are working on bolt on test pipes. I will be in line for that when ready.

By the way, nice jet black e92 in your pics
Thanks John! Good luck with the install, it will def be louder than it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meko View Post
What paint should be used to paint the can? I know high temp but how high should it be rated for?
Personally I don't understand the point in coating the muffler, can anyone explain?