07-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
slvr530i

Drives: M3/530i

Garage List
2002 BMW 530i  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Yes, to be fair this was done just before Chistmas and Todd became ill for a couple of days as well. He is a one man shop so there was no one else to pick up the slack while he was out sick. If I didn't get the tips done, it would have saved a few days. There was a miscommunication between Todd and the powder coating shop hence the delay.

Todd did a great job on it. I'm even thinking of getting my spare exhaust done and powder coating the full exhaust with the tips. I really think the exhaust looks fugly from behind and BMW dropped the ball on this. I've also looked into rear diffusers but they still don't hide the exhaust.

Maybe if I can find someone who will buy my exhaust, I'll get it done. I had someone offer me $250 for stock exhaust (without the mod) on this forum but the dude went MIA.
Agree on the looks of the stock muffler. But to get rid of the looks is far more $$$ than the mod. I guess it starts with the need for a louder exhaust and after that is done you want it look cleaner/better.
I really like the looks of the Akra with brushed tips, but since I just bought the car I need to wait for a bit.

Can you take a quick pic of your current powdered tips?