OP, seeing you are in Hawaii, part of your choice is easy service for the car, correct? I can see a Jaguar making more sense. Not trying to be rude or judgmental but just for discussion purposes, maybe you can help me understand your choice (obviously buying whatever you decide is best for you), since this thread is discussing your choice, and I am in the camp there are other alternatives.
My impression of the plusses for the Jag are:
- Luxurious interior;
- Comfortable ride first, but spirited; and
- back seats exist, but not necessarily large, functional seats.
Online, the MSRP for a new XKR-S is $132,000. My confusion is, for this price I could do the following (based on a quick ebay search and not necessarily fitting the criteria above):
1. Buy a new M-3 and customize it with every available mod and luxury addition;
2. Do the same for a new M-5;
3. Buy a 2007 Gallardo with approx. 14K miles;
4. Buy a 2007 Porsche GT3 with approx. 2K miles;
5. Buy a 2003 Murcielago with approx. 20K miles;
6. Buy a 2004 Maybach with 66K miles;
7. Buy a 2006 Ferrari 430 F1 Coupe with 19K miles;
8. Buy a 2012 Porsche 997 Turbo with 2K miles;
9. Buy a 2009 Bentley Continental GT with 11K miles;
10. Buy a 2010 Mercedes S600 Barabus edition with 12K miles;
11. Buy a 2011 Audi R8 V10 with 4K miles;
12. Buy a brand new Maserati GranTurismo; or
13. Buy a brand new M6.
Again, not all these fit what OP may be looking for and are rough, rough estimates based on a few minutes of ebay searches for cars available between 130K and 140K, but looking at these choices for the money, the Jag (and the M6 for that matter) are not my personal choice.