View Single Post
      06-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
So, new question...

A long while back I got my car "detailed" by a pretty shady detailer. His work was what prompted me to start looking here and learning to do things myself.

On the panels his work was pretty good, but I was also pretty inexperienced in what to look for at the time. The car looked nice and all, but his prep work was kind of bad. I don't think that he taped the car up before polishing/waxing. Now I know what a lame job he really did because I know a little bit more myself

That being said, for a while now I've had some residue on some parts of the trim. I don't have any pictures now, but some of the rubber trim parts in the crevices on the roof, etc have that residue. When I did my first full detail, I taped like everything on the car as not to add to any of the residue still there.

What is the best way to remove this? I've tried a couple of things and it didn't seem to work very well, but I am getting ready to do some work on the car and want to pick the right product to remove that stuff. If you need pics, I can probably snap a couple when I get home later.