BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag
HP Autowerks || PSi 'Raceline'(Ohlins Dampers) BMW E9x M3 suspension system (2-way)
Performance Shock's new Raceline suspension system for BMW E82 1M or E9X M3! Features 36mm 'inverted' front struts and TTX36 rear dampers. This configuration is 2-way adjustable; 1-way compression and 1-way rebound (low speed for both). The inverted strut design, with large working cylinder diameter provides excellent lateral support while reducing friction. The rear utilizes the TTX36 inline (Non-C/O) or piggy (Race C/O). C/O rear kits are only recommended for cars with re-enforced shock towers, preferrably a caged vehicle. A major advantage with the TTX36 inline damper is the integral reservoir that makes it very compact and easy to package. No longer is the balancing of reservoir damping ("can stack") to main piston damping required to avoid cavitation. With no reservoir valve, the internal pressure of the damper unit will be kept to a minimum. The low amount of hysteresis results in excellent short stroke/high force performance. The Ohlins TTX range of shocks require very low gas pressure which considerably improves grip without any loss of damping performance. This is one of the best suspension package that you can install on your 1M or M3, period!
Key Kit Features:
* Extremely broad external adjustment range Front (20 clicks bump, 40 clicks rebound); Rear (22 clicks bump/rebound)
* Low internal friction
* Direct damping response / low N2 pressure
* Inverted 36mm front strut
* TTX36/ILX36 'piggyback reservoir' or 'inline' rear damper
* Easy to access external adjustments
* PSi EDC emulators available separately
* Adjustment tools included
* Includes Eibach ERS springs
* Ground Control Front Camber/Caster plates
***Note: this kit is intended for track use only***
Please contact HP Autowerks for more details on this kit.
Last edited by HP Autosport; 06-29-2012 at 05:58 PM.