View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep

Drives: TransLink

Question Private insurance options in BC

Back from my 30 day forum ban, still no word from ICBC regarding my license, and now just received a letter saying my insurance is up for renewal soon!

Basically, I am interested in hearing of what company you are using, feedback in your dealing(s) with them, and your cost. The agent I dealt with last year offers private insurance through Family Insurance Solutions and I have seen Canadian Direct Insurance mentioned before on the forum! I have the maximum discount (43%) with ICBC, here are my rates in the renewal reminder I received:

Currently your vehicle is rated for business and pleasure purposes and occassional commercial use and is primarily kept in the Lower Mainland, when not in use at SURREY BC. Owner, lessee, principal operator & their household members driving the vehicle must have held valid driver's license for 10 years.

$898 - Basic insurance coverage
$103 - Extension of Third Party Liability ($1,000,000 total limit)
$1,215 - Collision ($300 deductible)
$338 - Comprehensive ($300 deductible/$200 windshield deductible)
$61 - Vehicle license fee
$2615 - Estimated amount due

I am thinking of dropping the extension of third party liability and raising the collision deductible. I am unsure if it would be wise to raise the comprehensive deductible seeing as it's not costing much in the first place. I would love to hear your thoughts, any insight you can provide would be much appreciated! I do have a fair bit invested in modifications with more planned, please take that into consideration.
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit