View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
Major General
SamS's Avatar

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by CJF View Post

I know most finance companies (banks) will not allow an ED as you take delivery in Germany. This basically forces you to use BMWFS on ED.
Why would a bank/USAA/credit union care if you take ED in Germany? The car is insured over there. And it's not even titled until it clears customs and gets back to the states. The bank just wants a VIN as collateral for the money they are lending you. As far as the bank is concerned, the car is just stuck on a very delayed transporter. You still bought the car, the dealer got his money, and you've committed to repay the bank. You take "retail delivery", when you get your car back in the states.

I used PenFed for my ED, and it was as smooth as could be. They didn't care one bit. I'm also a USAA member, but their rates (at the time) were not as good as PenFed.