View Single Post
      06-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #38
dvpouldar26
Major

Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

I love the F355's. One of the best sounding cars of all time. Here's my advice though: A Ferrari is not an expensive car to buy, many can be bought for a relative bargain. However, most don't factor in the the cost of the maintenance. For the F355, timing belt changes were common. If my knowledge is right, these have to be done from under the car and require lowering the engine and is a high-labor job. This changed with the F360 where access can be gained behind the driver and passenger seat and the cost and labor required for maintenance is much lower. I'm pretty active on 6speedonline, and the common consensus is that if you want to buy an "intro" Ferrari, go for the 360 because of those maintenance costs. Visit a Ferrari service department and talk to the techs to see what they say. If you want some more info, 6speedonline or ferrarichat, or ferraritalk are great resources.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip