Drives: E92M3

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
I don't really get why everyone bashes the mustang for being "fast in a straight line" when most people on here really are all about that. Babbling on about torque and such.

Anyway, this thread had me intrigued. I went down to the ferd dealership. No gt500s available for test drive, so I figured I'd test drive the boss 302 to get an idea of the chassis setup and f-n-f. Materials aren't great inside, but it has come a long way from what I remember. No rattles. And seriously.. That exhaust note, amazing. It doesn't rev up fast or particularly high but it does make power at a long range leading up to redline. The steering was impeccable--very similar to E46 M3 ZCP (best bmw steering imo). Clutch felt good, shifter action was great.

In fact from an overall tactile driving perspective I have to say I liked it better than my m3. Hate to say it, really. You guys (including myself) are always going on about how the E9x lacks rawness, even compared to e46. Well.. Here's your car. The boss has that extra bit of tuning to pull the 5L motor a little further away from "american" and a little closer to euro.

On the other hand, visibility is terrible, styling is pretty cheesy, live rear axle is quite noticeable over even the slightest of rough roads. But I mean I really think its worth a test drive. And that's just talking about the boss. I'm wondering if I shouldn't jump on the gt500 bandwagon before I have to "settle down" with kids and what not.

I'm curious what you guys think--particularly just from the user inputs perspective (steering, throttle, power, clutch). I loved it.