View Single Post
      06-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
jww///95
Private First Class

Drives: e90 m3

I wanted to bump this thread again to add onto the referrals for Tim and AP tinting. I just took the e90 back for a fix as well as a new addition.

Turns out that what I though was a scratch in the tint was actually a scratch on the inside of the glass on one of my rear doors. Tim pulled the tint, filled the scratch with clear nail polish, and then re-tinted the glass. His creativity was able to resolve the problem altogether as it's now only about 80% visible. Good example of how he's willing to take any steps necessary to please those of us with a strong attention to detail and stand behind his product, even though this wasn't really an issue with his work, but rather the preexisting condition of the glass...

At the same time, I had the front windshield tinted with lumar airblue 80 to aid in the heat rejection given the car now spends the weekdays baking in a parking space at work. There is not much optical change with the film -- some reflectivity from the outside and from the inside there is a bit of a blue tint, but I was able to tell the difference in the interior air temperature when driving home from his shop.

Again, many thanks to Tim. Can't wait to let him get a hold of our new cooper s in a few weeks.