View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #32

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
i was driving today and i say a BMW that looked exactly like the i8 concept. does anyone know what this was? i know what the normal 1,3,5,6,7 series look like and it was not like any of those. this was in Connecticut. does anyone have any idea what this car was?
Originally Posted by Draman View Post
I hate to add on to such an ambiguous thread but...was this in the Farmington, CT area that you saw this car? Silver? This morning I saw a silver BMW and I have no idea what it was. The thing was absolutely gorgeous. I pretty much assumed it was a new 6 series and logged onto BMWUSA when I got to work. I was going to buy a new 6 series based solely on what I saw this morning. Then I saw the 6 on BMW's site...definitely not what I saw. Looks just as portly as the old 6.

Whatever I saw this morning looked incredible. Low slung, wide. I don't think I'd really describe it as looking like an i8, but it definitely looked more like an i8 than anything else BMW is making. It looked like a true performance machine, whatever it was. The i8 has bicycle tires on it, they are ridiculously narrow. It does not look anything like a performance machine as a result.

I wish I knew what it was, I would buy it in a heart beat. Looking around BMW's site I just don't see anything that it could possibly be, maybe a 6 with a really extreme body kit makeover perhaps.
What about the 6 series Gran Coupe?