It was about time to finally change out my original brakes after tons and tons of mileage! I thought about upgrading to a BBK, but I realized that I can get the same performance with just basic rotors, lines, fluid, and eventually track-dedicated pads. My RTAB and FCAB were also just about shot and needed some good replacement. My goal with these were to go with something stronger and longer lasting that OE, but still very streetable. Finally, I decided to reinforce my rear subframe and replace the subframe bushings with new OE.
Rogue Engineering FCAB (street)
Rogue Engineering RTAB (street)
Rogue Engineering Clutch Stop
Turner Motorsports Rear Subframe Reinforcement
Turner Motorsports 90mm Studs
BMW OE Rear Subframe Bushings
Macht Schnell 18mm Spacer (rear)
DBA 4200 Rotors
StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid
1. Much better steering response and stability with the new bushings. Felt like a whole new vehicle!
2. Shifting felt a littler smoother with the CDV removed
3. No subframe cracks, but added sense of security with the reinforcement
4. Braking was much more consistent with the new parts
5. Much less brake fade compared to OE parts.
6. The longer studs can now accomodate my rear spacers.
7. Much less brake dust
8. No added NVH from bushings
1. Hawk HPS are pretty terrible. Poor cold bite. Poor initial bite. Poor performance all the together.
2. I used the HPS pads at Gingerman Raceway since I couldn't order track pads. I'm sure I completely fried the pads because they just perform terribly right now.
Touge Factory performed the whole install for everything and I highly recommend them! Their fabricator makes some of the most BEAUTIFUL welds I've ever seen. They truly are a one stop shop for all your automotive needs.
Pics taken by Touge Factory: