At around 65,000 miles the OE suspension was starting to see the end of it's lifetime. It took quite a beating over it's lifetime from the nasty streets of Chicago. I started looking into many of the popular street applicable, but track focussed coilovers out there; AST 4100, GC Street/Track, TC Kline, and KW Clubsport.
With great timing though, Stance USA just finished R&D on their E46 M3 application. I ran their GR+ Plus coilovers on my previous G35 and only had great experiences with them. In addition, they are local to where I live. I figured that I would take a leap of faith and hope that their M3 application would be as good as their Nissan ones.
Stance GR+ Plus Coilovers
Inverted Monotube Front, Standard Monotube RearPros:
15 Level Single Adjustable
Front camber pillowball plates
Rear pillowball shock mounts
360lbs (front) / 420lbs (rear) linear springs
Adjustable sway bar end links
1. A ton of features for a very competitive price
2. Linear springs
3. Stance USA is local to Chicago, IL
4. Options to upgrade to higher spring rates with Swift Springs
5. Height adjustability is separated from the coilover making it easy to change heights and not mess with preload of springs.
6. Amazing performance on the track and very streetable on the terrible streets of Chicago.
1. I wish it had higher spring rates out of the box, but adjustable valving can compensate for it.
2. With all the features they have, I wouldn't have minded if they included or added a rear spring perch plate and access to the rear shock mounts from underneath the car instead of the trunk.
3. Not many E46 M3's using these in the market. More should definitely try them out!!
purchased from: Stance USA
installed/alignment by: Touge Factory