View Single Post
      05-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #59
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .

Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Here are the two Extended Vehicle Warranty Samples I received.

One if from USAA and the other from Zurich through a BMW Dealer.
I suppose this is common, but both contracts require all scheduled maintenance to be performed as outlined in the owners manual. There is some flexibility to do the work yourself, with parts receipts (but it's tricky). I would be very careful to get the shop performing the service to itemize each procedure (rather than just putting down "Inspection II" or whatever).

On one of my cars the dealer "forgot" to replace the brake fluid at the 2-year oil change, and I just let it go until the third oil change, rather than bringing it back. I guess I would be forever screwed on brake coverage now, if I tried to buy a warranty later.

The starting date for the months covered by each sample contract could vary, starting at the in-service date (for example, first time the car was registered) for some plans or the date the warranty was purchased for other plans. The contracts are designed to cover both alternatives, so it would depend on which plan you actually bought. For some of the plan options, there is coverage for engine and drive train listed as a covered item in the coverage schedule, but the term of coverage provisions exclude engine and drive train.
WarrantyTracker is offline   United_States