05-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
ILSMKU
BMW FTW

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Oh the misinformation.

I personally have been running KW coils for years and have never experienced a single thing you said.

You certainly don't "loose all ride comfort with coils". Coilover springs and struts/shocks are matched to work together; unlike throwing a random spring onto a stock strut shock combo -which btw will likely kill them quickly given that the stock suspension has already very little travel and that you remove some/most of that travel with lowering springs.

As a matter of fact coilovers pretty much always ride better than mix and match springs/shocks/struts combo.

I have never heard a single clunk or odd noise on my KWs either. I'm also cannot believe you say you couldn't find a comfortable setting. The first thing that surprised me about the V3 is how smooth and stock-like they ride.

If you had such a poor experience, heard weird noises and "bottomed out" you probably had your car dumped and set up lower than KW's recommended settings and/or they were improperly installed.

They are some of the best coils on the market for a reason

How is my experience with KW coil overs misinformation? If you don't like my review/suggestions, then don't take them. I wasn't talking to you anyhow. Clearly, you think KW is top tier, so I'm not even going to argue with you.

They don't offer stock ride comfort. Period.
///2013 AW 6MT E92 ZCP M3/// Black 359M Wheels/BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Mirror Caps/Arkym AeroSport Front Lip/Turner 15MM Spacers/LUX 8 LED Halo/IND Gloss Black Grills, Gills and M3 Emblem/30% 3M Tint/BMW Interior LED/MusicCar Subwoofer Enclosure/JL Audio 12" W6 Sub and XD600:1 Amp/Euro Sunglasses Tray/Ceramic Coated Megan Racing Exhaust/AFe Dry Air Filter/RPI Intake Scoops/Euro MDM/Feature Coded.
ILSMKU is offline   No_Country