ILSMKU
BMW FTW
No_Country
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Has anyone swapped out the springs that come in the off-the-shelf kit with either another KW spring or swift spring (of different spring rate and/or length)? Please comment on your experience.

I am contemplating either a V3 with a shorter spring or clubsport with slightly softer springs. I won't be tracking the car (E92). It will be a daily driver and looking for a good balance between ride height and driving comfort.
KW V3s would be much better for DD. Clubsports are much more geared for track use. To be honest, for a DD, I would just get springs. You are going to loose all ride comfort with coils. They handled great, but the ride comfort was just crap on the KW v3 for me. I either bobbled headed down the road, or bottomed out. They clunked, clanked and just made noises I was not down with. I was never able to find a setting that was comfortable for DD use either.

That said, i don't think getting a softer spring will help at all. In fact, I think it cause them to bottom out even more. How about the KW sleeve option? Better yet, ground control solution is nicer than KWs sleeve kit if you ask me.

PS: Check out this guys KW sleeve kit review....
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696722

Good luck!
///2013 AW 6MT E92 ZCP M3/// Black 359M Wheels/BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Mirror Caps/Arkym AeroSport Front Lip/Turner 15MM Spacers/LUX 8 LED Halo/IND Gloss Black Grills, Gills and M3 Emblem/30% 3M Tint/BMW Interior LED/MusicCar Subwoofer Enclosure/JL Audio 12" W6 Sub and XD600:1 Amp/Euro Sunglasses Tray/Ceramic Coated Megan Racing Exhaust/AFe Dry Air Filter/RPI Intake Scoops/Euro MDM/Feature Coded.

Last edited by ILSMKU; 05-28-2012 at 11:44 PM.