View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #166
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I disagree that they are "more than happy" to update you. Charging five hours labor and telling you that the cost is on you for failed modules doesn't seem too 'happy' to me. I wouldn't take that on provided they can say "Oh sorry, you're out of luck, a module crashed - Oh and by the way, you owe us $400 for the program".

Those of you with coding changes may lose features if you had them previously coded. Those of you getting an update from me will not lose any features.

In programming THE TECH's car yesterday, only the CAS and Navigation were updated from v45.1 to v46.1, so there was minimal loss of features. Just coded his car again after the update for windows up with key, internet access and BMW live, and sent him on his way
If proper flashing procedures are followed (steady power supply, experienced technicians, etc) module failure is a rarity. If the dealer is charging 5 hours for reflashing, yes - they are happy to do this as its more revenue for the dealership.

It simply depends on the dealer. Let's not turn this into a sales thread.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States