Originally Posted by DivideBYZero
You're just assuming we're all car rich and wallet poor. That's a pretty stupid assumption.
I think what he's trying to say is that anyone in their teens or early 20's who have a $70k car fall under cetain "variables"
1. They live with their parents
2. One or both parents bought them an M3
3. Trust fund baby\inheritance
4. Living beyond their means - Living in an Apartment with $70K car parked outside eating top ramen every night
5. A combo of any one of the above
I'm not saying you fall under this. You're financial situation is your business and not for us to judge but he is just being realistic
about a teenager or early 20 yr old with a $70k car... It's just not that common unless one of the factors above apply.
However! There are those that have saved up to purchase such a car so, hats off to them...
Back on the topic ---> I'm 39 - I.T. Systems Administrator for a big corporation