04-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #83
DiscoZ
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.1S, G05 X5 50i, LR Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
"Beating up on the Merc" - Don't mistake facts with a beating. You can't go around dropping statements like a C63 is a better daily driver than an M3. It's just a one sided statement that fails to yield to the whole backbone of a "daily driver" title which is purely economical.

Obviously, nobody buys a c63 or an M3 to be economical, as such, nobody should argue the point as it is subjective; but if you were, from a purely numbers perspective, an M3 would be cheaper to own.
a) I switched my M3 for the C63 with PP as it is a better "daily driver". I have a crap load more fun driving it everyday than I did my M3. Can I not make that statement even though that is what I did? Must the definition of a "daily driver" conform to your strict standards? Perhaps you should let Oxford and Merriam-Webster know.

b) The EPA observed 1 MPG difference in the cars' fuel consumption would take a while to earn back given the price difference (in Canada) or ~$4-5K fully loaded + taxes. Not to mention my insurance (I am in early to mid 30s) is ~$50 month cheaper with the C63 and I live in one of the lowest insurance areas in Toronto. Tires are a function of how hard you drive, I do not consider that a differentiating expense. Yes, you lose traction based on my earlier post and you will destroy tires. As I said, my Z4MC tires did not last long either.