View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tor View Post
Got a quote on extended warranty last month and fell off my chair. For an 08 I got quoted about $4500 for the plan my dealer is offering - Coverage One, 3 yrs or 60,000 addtl kms. That's the Coverage One Ultimate plan which seems to cover most stuff, including electrical, except wear & tear obviously. BMW dealer does the work with their techs and OEM parts, and Coverage One reimburses. But I figure you'd have to have something go pretty wrong to spend $4500 in 3 years... it obviously doesn't cover scheduled maintenance (I wonder if the new 11+ OEM plan covers that?) so you're paying for that plus brake pads etc on top of the $4500... I may not buy it - have until March to decide
I too would like to get extended warranty for my 08.. seems like Coverage One is our only option as the BMW warranty is only available on newer cars?

Has anyone shopped around for Coverage One warranty? With my previous BMW I was able to save a bundle on extended warranty by haggling with various dealers, eventually paid $300 over their cost.
M3-Mike is offline   Canada