Originally Posted by THE TECH
I would hope you could understand my frustration especially when I ordered the white car, your site said it was in stock. It wasn't til later on that I received an email stating that it was on backorder. That was the first upsetting moment. Now you wanna get upset that I called you on it and then presume to tell me to cancel the other order as well inferring that you have no idea if you will get the art car as well?
Believe me, we do understand the frustration with not being able to get these - we had many, many orders we had to cancel...which was the last thing we wanted to do, but it was well beyond our control. We still have over 100 of the Jeff Koon's cars on order, and are hopeful we'll still allocate some stock before they are switched to the same NLA status as the other.
Our frustration is that you called us out for having terrible service on something that isn't really service related. Providing top notch customer service has always been, and will always be our # 1 priority...so we do everything possible to uphold that. Again, we opened this as a 'pre-order' in hopes we'd see stock on that, and to allow our customers first dibbs on trying to get one. We never guaranteed we'd see them, and they were listed as limited availability on our site. Our site also never stated it had them in stock - our site does not indicate stocking status of any parts ordered. Jason and I have to go into each new order and update the actual stocking status of the parts - yours was updated with the 'on order' status w/ the original email confirmation sent. Our shipping dept. then followed through w/ the backorder notification email.
We are sorry we can't get those, the last thing we wanted to have to do was cancel the orders. We didnt find out from BMW until long after those orders were placed that our orders from them were all being cancelled and this item flipped to an NLA status. We also don't know if we'll see more of the Jeff Koons cars, even though a new ETA date keeps popping up in our parts locator system (we've been checking almost daily as well). My advice is if they are available from another source - probably should jump on it before it's too late. We haven't charged anyone for those yet, so a simple email to us requesting your order to be cancelled if you decide to make other plans is no problem at all.
Thanks for your consideration. Let's put this to bed.