04-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #21
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Yeah, I was reading your post last night. You seemed pretty disappointed with the weight and I can't blame you. However, I know what I'm getting into. I am not changing my tires out just yet so I will probably see about a 14lb increase over stock.

Stock 220's: 23lbs front 26.5lbs rear
VMR 710's: 19.9.5x10's 28lbs front and probably 28.5lbs rear?

So.....About 14lbs with same tires. For now. :roll eyes:

Not trying to start the whole argument of unsprung weight, but from my research and reading the Car and Driver test on this same issue. I probably won't lose much in terms of 0-60 or 1/4mile with this setup. Oh well, they look good and there ordered, so screw it right?!!!

Though I will make one quick point!!!! I believe that all of the vendors need to stop saying that these wheels way 25-26lbs. It is not true and they should either post real numbers with proof or just not say (i.e post above EAS). Good thing for me I did my research so I know what I'm getting into.
Glad I could help. Yeah I was disappointed with the weight but now have no regrets as they work well for the track so far. My next set will be apex when I go to a full track spec tire. Some R compound. Haven't worked that part out yet.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0