View Single Post
      04-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
i have the vmrs and they are on the heavy side as you mentioned. i use them as my track wheels and dont notice a difference other than picking them up when i change betewen sets. they look great also.
Yeah, I was reading your post last night. You seemed pretty disappointed with the weight and I can't blame you. However, I know what I'm getting into. I am not changing my tires out just yet so I will probably see about a 14lb increase over stock.

Stock 220's: 23lbs front 26.5lbs rear
VMR 710's: 19.9.5x10's 28lbs front and probably 28.5lbs rear?

So.....About 14lbs with same tires. For now. :roll eyes:

Not trying to start the whole argument of unsprung weight, but from my research and reading the Car and Driver test on this same issue. I probably won't lose much in terms of 0-60 or 1/4mile with this setup. Oh well, they look good and there ordered, so screw it right?!!!

Though I will make one quick point!!!! I believe that all of the vendors need to stop saying that these wheels way 25-26lbs. It is not true and they should either post real numbers with proof or just not say (i.e post above EAS). Good thing for me I did my research so I know what I'm getting into.

Last edited by Flying05; 04-05-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0