03-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #130
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
NO ONE, EVER gives up the right to defend their life from an attacker, yet you seem to be saying exactly that. Given no other option, you have the right to defend your life. Whether or not that is the case here we don't know, but it COULD have been. Again you don't know what happened behind that building. Please express your ignorance more.

There is another often cited case in FL, not directly comparable but similar. Man follows a speeding car through his neighborhood catches up to him and tell him to slow down that it's dangerous. Man gets out of car ground the guy and starts beating him. Man defends himself with his pistol. Somewhat different circumstance but similar, avoidable conflict brought on by the shooter.

The difference is everyone would agree the speeder should have been yelled at, and not everyone will agree zimmerman should have been approached. I'm willing to bet put into a similar situation and asked who looked suspicious, plenty of people passing judgment would say the black kid in the hoody walking slowly in the rain, so it;s a lot more similar then you would think.
Don't think it's worth arguing.

Either way, I think everyone debating that shit should take it to another thread, as it really has nothing to do with the OP's troubles and is pretty off-topic.

No matter what the OP did, he really didn't deserve to have a gun pulled on him. Sorry that happened. I own guns myself, and the only reason I would ever brandish a weapon is if I'm going to use it. Likely, this guy obtained that weapon illegally anyway.