View Single Post
      03-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #34
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister

Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I noticed that the x385 and x386 have a production date of up to 01/2010 listed next to them, whereas the x801 and x802 don't have a date at all. The latter are also more expensive by $20 each, so maybe there is something different about them. I'd love to find out definitively what those differences are.

At any rate, do let me know how you end up liking those brakes. I may try to sweet talk my dealership into swapping out my stock pads and rotors for these ones when it comes time to replace them under warranty.
I can chime in. While I didn't change my discs when I swapped to the Performance Sport Pads, the pads have performed brilliantly. Did a track day with them

and a long road trip in the hills and mountains, and they held up perfectly without noticeable brake fade. What I especially like is the increased pedal firmness, the decrease in pedal travel and the quicker bite response compared to stock.

Downsides are the incredible amount of squeal when there isn't a layer of pad material on the discs, and yes they do dust quite a bit when they are in the abrasive temperature range. Also, they rumble over the cross drilled holes noticeably, but disappear once adhesive temperature range is achieved.
mlhj83 is offline   United Kingdom