View Single Post
      03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #137
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbep View Post
That's disappointing. I thought they would have improved that area as this was a complaint early on. What is the point of having 650 hp if you don't have the proper size tires to make use of it?
Well thats nothing that a few aftermarket upgrades can't solve. Thank God that the parts are dirt cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
This has a lot to do with the configuration and weight distribution of the car. The Porsche has most of its weight rearward, and the engine over the drive wheels.

The Corvette has the engine firmly behind the front axle and the transmission in the rear.

The Mustang is front heavy. If you put tires on the front that are too wide, steering responsiveness will be hurt. If you put narrower in front and superwide in rear, you will be prone to understeer. There is lot to be balanced here given the overall configuration of the car.
I see what you are saying sir but as a Shelby owner i can tell you this...That front end set up could be a LOT lighter straight from the factory. K-Member alone is 42lbs but an aftermarket one is 22lbs and its not a breakthrough technology either. The stock SVT SC is a monster in size (apparently its one of the smaller ones too) so a smaller unit w/smaller pulley on its snout could help. 19" wheels are relatively heavy. Car pulls 0.96g on the skidpad with shitty ass CrapYear F1s. Upgrade to better rubber and this could be half the solution right there. There are solutions that can be addressed by the factory straight from the get go to make this car a well-rounded performer. I don't drag nor strip at the moment so i have no complaints yet. Ok maybe the tires suck donkey cock when i get on it too hard.
Appreciate 0