03-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #136
Tobbep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
This has a lot to do with the configuration and weight distribution of the car. The Porsche has most of its weight rearward, and the engine over the drive wheels.

The Corvette has the engine firmly behind the front axle and the transmission in the rear.

The Mustang is front heavy. If you put tires on the front that are too wide, steering responsiveness will be hurt. If you put narrower in front and superwide in rear, you will be prone to understeer. There is lot to be balanced here given the overall configuration of the car.

As far as other comments in this thread, there is no doubt that American cars have stepped up their game. The C7 vette will apparently have an appropriately upscale interior. The 2013 Viper will be 700hp. Have you seen the SRT line? Look at the performance, the fit and finish and the standard features. It's no joke.
I see what you are saying. I guess it would not be feasible to change those things with the current configuration. Trying to keep the cost down is truly their enemy. That's a bummer...

I am very interested in the new Corvette C7. I can't wait to see the end result. They are supposedly doing a complete overhaul of the interior to include appropriate race seats.

I was very close to buying the current Z06 Carbon edition a couple of months ago but I came to my senses. Actually my wife made sure of that.

2022 BMW X6M Competition
Alpine White/Black Leather
Appreciate 0