First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
First, you blame the buyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
...Beyond that this set was originally purchased in 2010...and these wheels aren't brand new - but have been used for over a year.
So the life expectency on your wheels is 1-year?

Then you blame the supplier
Quote:
The official Triangle response.
What good does this do? It admits no liability whatsoever. Michael Beyer wisely has legal counsel.

Then you blame everyone else

Quote:
So lets stop the quality hating right there because it's not an ADV.1 specific part failure. It could've (and does) happen to every wheel company when you produce any product in volume.
This is an ADV.1 specific part failure. You put your name and your name only on the product.

Quote:
It's like blaming Dell for using a Segate hard drive that failed in their computers, that hard drive batch could've been used in HP's, Samsungs, etc. and doesn't necessarily equate to a certain manufacture being crap or making a bad product.
This is a funny analogy to me. When Dell has a recall, I don't think they immediately point the finger at their supplier. It is bad business. It is unprofessional.

Most goods we buy these days have one or more suppliers not necessarily the company selling. If my DCT has mechanical issues, is BMW going to jump on the forum and blame Getrag? Probs not. And I'm not going to be calling their customer service; I'll be calling BMW's. I'll be complaining about BMW not doing enough R&D, testing, etc. It'll taint my view of BMW, who is again the ultimate assembler, seller, and owner of the product - just like you.