View Single Post
      03-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #32
Brigadier General
United Kingdom

Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I checked again, and lists the stock front discs that are already equipped on our cars as x85 and x86, so I remain a little dubious that there's an actual difference in the rotors beyond a change in PNs. That said, how are the pads? Besides the squealing, can you tell a difference in bite, stopping power, and/or stopping distance? Do they create more dust?
Very weird just checked RealOEM and BMWfans and I still come up with the x801 x802 etc PN for the front discs. I'm entering Dec 2010 as production and have tried all the permutations of USA and Europe (LHD and RHD).

Nevertheless, I did a few hard braking exercises and given they are still being bedded in it's hard to say conclusively if they are better than stock in various aspects. The initial bite does seem to be very good though, pedal depression seems shorter than stock if that makes sense, sounds strange but I get that sensation (as I was saying in my build thread its almost as if the brake pedal sits a bit lower now OR doesn't depress as much as it did previously). Will need to spend more time with them and I'll definitely come back to you with how they are doing.
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build