Good Reviews/Bad Reveiws
Lets just do a reality check here...
Based on the reviews so far the M3 is..
1. Fast with a capitol F as one author put it. All articles agree
2. Just about everyone says the new car sounds great
3. Most aggresive looking M3 to date
4. Brakes have been reviewed from bad to just adequate all the way to great.
5. Steering has been reviewed as a little light (like the previous gen) but also has been reviewed as great by other authors. Right now I think we are 2/4 on the steering
So its not a supercar but I think these reviews are good and not surprising. All M3's have had somewhat light feeling steering as well as "just adequate" brakes.
The car is shaping up to be great...even the most critical article said the M3 was great!