View Single Post
      03-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Nothin right now

If you're asking whether or not you're going to pay tax on tax (paying tax on Gaz Guzzler), the answer is complicated. You could try and argue it with dealer and there have been some folks on this forum and on the fest forum who said they didn't have to, but I have no way of verifying their purchase.

Everyone that I know paid sales tax on all of the above Dest, Maco, Gas Guzzler. Since all of those items were included in the final price. Here is a thread where they talked about it some more and you could probably find more info, but unfortunately there does not seem to be a definitive answer.

For me it comes down to this, I'm busy and the car I ordered (ED) is almost 70k (pre-tax). I could try and grind my dealer down as much as possible but then I would be wasting the precious little time I have trying to save a few hundred dollars instead of trying to make money and enjoying life. I also rather save that energy and grind them down if and when they fuck something up. I'm all for saving a buck and being informed but I'm also for keeping my sanity

If you did European Delivery, you wouldn't pay Maco. There are dealers here who sell cars for ED Invoice (approx 14% below US MSRP) or a little above. Ryan Amico charges about $600 over and there is a David Aviles who charges Euro Invoice. I went with Ryan Amico because he's about 50 miles away from me and from my home state.

Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Houman21; 03-10-2012 at 09:12 PM.