View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #14
CJ421
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
It's unreasonable to expect a first- or even second-gen product like the Volt to be 'ready'. The Volt is more like an experiment that's usable. Electric/hybrid cars haven't had the benefit of a century's worth of R&D unlike internal combustion engines. It will take a WHILE before these products are practical, let alone competitive with petroleum-powered cars.

I am not surprised this vehicle has low sale numbers. Besides the car's unimpressive stats, other things may have contributed; poor marketing, branding. I wonder what this car's reception would have been if there was a BMW roundel on the hood. There is a lot of animosity aimed at GM. Lots of people are mad at the government bailout and how many tax dollars went into the Volt (and they have every right to be).
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States