07-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #18
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd786 View Post
i have read all mag reviews just as u have, either all of them have discussed the review before writing it, or it really is not that impressive, i for 1 am disapointed, they should have not carbon fibred it and mad it look slighlty diffrent to the 335i and called it a 340i, and then for the people who want the bragging rights of an M and what should be the outright heartpounding adrenalin charged breathtaking car should have made what is going to be the CSL the M3 forget all this CSL malark!! just make a all fire breathing M3 no halfways, its so embarissing for the M department to bring something new to the table which barely outperforms previous models and the 335i, and barely can match the competition, audi MB porsche will be breathing a sigh of relief that the so much hyped M is a 0, sure the CSL may just wipe the floor with the competition but for how much?? 65k- 70k i dont like mercs but id rather av that C63 than a halfway M3! and i have driven the RS4 that from my experiance compared to the reviews is a better car!! obviously will have to drive the M before making that judgement.
Your last sentence is what makes sense the most...

It is impossible to know what the expectations of the car mags were going into this round. And there are reviewers like Steve who state that performance has not been comprised but enhanced (my interpretation of what he's posted so far). We simply need more detailed reviews where mags set up some head-to-head comparisons and so on. It is impossible to compare the M3 to the RS4 based on some rather light reviews that have come out so far.